Within the scope of the client relationship between you (as a client) and us as a law firm, we process personal data (data that directly or indirectly identifies natural persons) that we receive from you or involved third parties within the scope of the client relationship or that we collect ourselves. In doing so, we are guided by the following provisions:
- You / the data subjects provide us some personal data when you / they contact us via e-mail or by telephone and request our services. This includes, for example, name and contact details as well as information about the role of the data subject at the company or organization for which you or the respective contact persons work or on whose behalf you / they contact us.
We also process personal data that we receive in our correspondence with third parties (namely clients, counterparties, authorities and courts and their employees or other contact persons) in the context of the mandate relationship (e.g. name, contact data, date of birth, information on employment, income situation, family circumstances or state of health).
In addition, we collect some personal data ourselves, e.g. from public registers, social media accounts or websites.
- We process the above types of personal data primarily to provide, document and bill our legal services.
In addition, we process the contact information of clients or their employees or other contacts for marketing purposes (using any means of communication such as e-mail, social media, mail or telephone) to provide information about publications, events, news, services or products that may be of interest to the addressees.
- We process personal data in our area of responsibility exclusively in Switzerland. However, we may transfer the personal data to recipients (namely clients, counterparties or authorities) who in turn process the personal data in other countries, including those that do not ensure a level of data protection comparable to Swiss law. We will do the latter based on the client's consent or if it is necessary for the performance of a contract or the enforcement of legal claims.
- We only store personal data for as long as is necessary to process the client relationship, for as long as there is a legal obligation to retain and document the data, or for as long as we have an overriding private or public interest in doing so.
In individual cases, we reserve the right to retain client files (or parts thereof) even beyond the existing retention period (10 years) if, in our opinion, they are necessary or helpful to process future inquiries, orders of the respective clients or in their interest and consent, and no overriding interest is opposed to this.
The client may at any time request the surrender and/or deletion of its client file. We reserve the right to retain and use documents to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g. with regard to accounting documents) or to protect our rights and claims (e.g. with regard to fee claims or liability claims).
We would like to point out that we use external IT service providers and cloud providers with servers in Switzerland as part of our mandate. We then use certain IT services as well as means of communication which may be associated with data security risks (e.g. e-mail, video conferencing). It is up to you to inform us about the request for special security measures.
- We have a legitimate interest in the processing of personal data corresponding to the aforementioned purposes. Some processing is also necessary so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations to you or our legal obligations (e.g. retention obligations).
- In particular, data subjects have the right to obtain information about the personal data stored about them and the purpose of the data processing, the right to rectification as well as to erasure or restriction of the processing of their personal data, the right to object to the processing, the right to seek redress from a competent supervisory authority and to data transmission/transferability. However, please note that conditions and exceptions apply to these rights. To the extent permitted or required by law, we may refuse requests to exercise these rights. For example, we may or must retain or otherwise continue to process personal data despite a request to delete the personal data or restrict processing for legal reasons.
- No consent is required from the client, its employees or other contact persons to the present data protection declaration. This data protection declaration is merely an information about the type, scope and purpose of the use of personal data by Werder Viganò AG. Werder Viganò AG reserves the right to unilaterally change the content of this data protection declaration at any time and without notice. The current version of the declaration is published here: https://werdervigano.ch/privacy-policy-clients/. It is therefore recommended that you consult our data protection declaration regularly on our website.
- If you have any questions or if you or your employees or other contact persons would like to exercise your or their data protection rights, please contact us at email@example.com or write to Werder Viganò AG, Bahnhofstrasse 64, CH-8001 Zurich.
Zurich, August 2023